MediaScapes are popular visual guides to a growing range of media channels including digital, tv, outdoor & cinema.
FOR MARKETERS & AD PLANNERS/BUYERS...
FOR MEDIA OWNERS & AD SELLERS...
- Sales Tips & Guides
- Advertising Sales
- Upload Directory Listings
- Tailored Services - MediaScope helps media owners build revenue by developing all segments of their advertising sales process
Tips to Promote Your Media Brand to the Advertising Industry
Commercial media brands have several stakeholder markets with consumer and advertiser markets being their most important. These stakeholder markets are reached through different channels and have vastly different information needs.
The consumer market requires information such as the features of your editorial content and distribution points. The advertiser stakeholder market requires information which clearly highlights the potential effectiveness of using a media platform to advertise their products and services and reach their audience. This information can include statistical audience data, rates and frequency of publication.
There are several ways media brands can communicate and create awareness to potential and current advertisers. Here we offer some practical tips which media owners – of any size – can apply....
- Best Practice - ensure your advertising strategies and tactics are based on accepted market needs such as using correct terminology and understanding your competitive market
- See MediaScope's Advertising Sales Centre for a comprehensive range of information, tips and guides for media owners and advertising sales specialists
- Get Involved - subscribe to advertising trade media magazines, websites & newsletters and become aware of industry news, current issues and trends. Comment and get involved in relevant discussions and contribute opinion articles, research and white papers.
- See MediaScope's Guide to Advertising Trade Media
- Social Media - recent research shows the advertising and marketing industry has an increased presence on various social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Find out where your advertising audience is and consider starting accounts to promote your media brand. You may also consider promoting your expertise and knowledge through a regular blog.
- Connect with MediaScope on - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - LinkedIn
- See MediaScope's Guide to Industry Must Follow Twitter Accounts
- Industry Events - attend and get involved in media market trade events. Establish yourself and your media brand as part of the industry
- Upcoming Events, Training & Workshops - MediaScope keeps track of the most worthwhile industry events
- Industry Associations - where possible join and get involved with the Advertising and Media Industry Associations which are relevant to your media platform
- See MediaScope's Guide to Industry Associations
- Newsletter - communicate with your advertisers on an ongoing basis through a regular newsletter
- See MediaScope's advertisers newsletter service here
- Media Directories - ensure your media brand is added to all industry recognised, quality and relevant media directories - including MediaScope. Also ensure your directory listing is displaying correct and up-to-date information.
- Submit your media brand into the MediaScope directory now - or contact us for your unique log in to view and update your current listing.
- Be Easy to Reach - sounds simple but some media owners seem to hide their contact details. Make your advertising sales team easy to contact through all available collateral such as your website, media kit, business cards - everywhere.
By applying these tips you will support your sales team as they work to attract revenue from the advertising buying market. The key is to ensure all communication to this advertising stakeholder market is correctly orientated to suit their information needs.
Even with all of these tips in place there is no better promotion than a good media brand which delivers an effective audience to an advertisers target market.
- - Advertising Sales Centre - resources, tips & guides for media owners & advertising sales specialists
- - Advertising Sales Services - MediaScope offers tailored services helping publishers develop their advertising sales strategies
- - MediaScope's Pinterest Board - showing examples of media businesses advertising themselves
Other Pages of Interest
Media and Advertising - Search, Combine and Refine
- Are You Looking for Advertising Sales Representation?
- Creative Ideas to Inspire
- Must Read Advertising & Media Books
- Media Planning & Buying Campaign Checklist
- Census Stats all Marketers & Agencies Should Know
- 'MediaScape' - Guide to Aust Digital Media Trading Landscape
- Must Follow Twitter Accounts
- Questions All Advertisers Should Ask
- Finding Advertising Sales Specialists
- Women in Media Profile: Mia Freedman
- CLICK HERE For More Articles & Guides
- IABAust - Digital Media Sales Training - Sydney May 22 & 29.
- Internet Business Implementation - Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney, May 30
- mUmbrella360 - Reserve the dates of June 5 & 6 & submit your best pitch now.
- ADMA - courses in major cities throughout the year
- More Events, Workshops & Courses HERE
- Advertising Centre - comprehensive guides, resources, profiles & tips for agencies, marketers, media owners & ad sales specialists including Ad Sales Centre & Ad Buying Centre
- Media View - a growing range of opinion articles on advertising, media & publishing
- Consultancy Service - MediaScope's tailored services - helping media owners generate advertising sales revenue
- Media In Focus - over 100 Q&A profiles with Aust's most successful media owners, advertising professionals & 'women in media'
- Products & Services - broad range of products & services aimed at the media, ad, publishing & media market
- Best Advertising Books - browse & buy our pick of the best books on advertising, sales & marketing
- MediaScope in the News - articles & interviews
- CLICK HERE For More Resources
- SUBSCRIBE to MediaScope's weekly newsletter