MediaScapes are popular visual guides to a growing range of media channels including digital, tv, outdoor & cinema.
FOR MARKETERS & AD PLANNERS/BUYERS...
FOR MEDIA OWNERS & AD SELLERS...
- Sales Tips & Guides
- Advertising Sales
- Upload Directory Listings
- Tailored Services - MediaScope helps media owners build revenue by developing all segments of their advertising sales process
PayTV Advertising - Terms & Definitions
When placing advertising on PayTV there are a range of terms used specifically for their media channel. Please scroll down for a comprehensive list of terms and definitions....
Advertisement - the Spot, Special Advertisement, Display, trade promotion and other branding, promotional or advertising material that you have requested to be published, uploaded, made available, produced and/or aired on PayTV
Bonus - advertising placed at no charge to you as part of, or to support, a Campaign;
CPM - cost per Thousand, being the cost of reaching 1,000 people in the specified target audience
CPT - cost per TARP is the cost of reaching 1% (or 1 TARP) of a specified target audience;
Delete and Charge - the booked Advertisement is deleted and you are still charged for the amount of that advertisement. This occurs when a cancellation is requested and the set cancellation deadline has passed
Discount - any discount specified in the Schedule, an Insertion Order, Media Booking Report and/or Proposal;
In-Programme Product Placement - means the exposure or reference within the programme referring to any product branding, demonstration and usage;
Makegood - placing an Activity at no charge to you to compensate for performance under delivery or an error due to our fault occurring within a Campaign;
Projections - the average number of people within the given demographic watching at any given time a particular channel; programme or timeslot;
Rates - the rates applicable to our performance of the Services as provided by us and approved by you at the time of booking;
Special Advertisement- a Spot or sponsorship aired during a sporting or special event programming
Specific Requirements - requests such as peak or off-peak day part splits, first and last in breaks, top & tail premiums, solus breaks, channel and time selections;
Sponsorship means an association with a channel that gives an Advertiser particular visibility and integration. This can include a negotiated level of
Sponsorship Exclusivity - granting an Advertiser certain restrictions or rights to limit competitive Advertisers within their selected product or service category;
Spot - any Advertisement, commonly referred to as a “commercial” for television;
TARP - means the 'target audience rating point' for television, being a specific demographic audience expressed as a percentage of that demographics potential audience;
Thousand - in relation to PayTV, has the same meaning as Projections;
Time-Shifted Channel - the channel broadcast with a time offset from the main broadcast channel
Glossary Contributor: Ben Allman from Multi Channel Network (MCN) which sells advertising across Foxtel PayTV Stations. See MCN's listing with MediaScope
Other Pages of Interest
Media and Advertising - Search, Combine and Refine
- Are You Looking for Advertising Sales Representation?
- Creative Ideas to Inspire
- Media Planning & Buying Campaign Checklist
- Census Stats all Marketers & Agencies Should Know
- 'MediaScape' - Guide to Aust Digital Media Trading Landscape
- Must Follow Twitter Accounts
- Questions All Advertisers Should Ask
- Finding Advertising Sales Specialists
- Women in Media Profile: Mia Freedman
- Media View: 10 Things Clients Want When Pitching
- CLICK HERE For More Articles & Guides
- Internet Business Strategy - Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney, May 16
- IABAust - Digital Media Sales Training - Sydney May 22 & 29.
- Internet Business Implementation - Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney, May 30
- mUmbrella360 - Reserve the dates of June 5 & 6 & submit your best pitch now.
- ADMA - courses in major cities throughout the year
- More Events, Workshops & Courses HERE
- Advertising Centre - comprehensive guides, resources, profiles & tips for agencies, marketers, media owners & ad sales specialists including Ad Sales Centre & Ad Buying Centre
- Media View - a growing range of opinion articles on advertising, media & publishing
- Consultancy Service - MediaScope's tailored services - helping media owners generate advertising sales revenue
- Media In Focus - over 100 Q&A profiles with Aust's most successful media owners, advertising professionals & 'women in media'
- Products & Services - broad range of products & services aimed at the media, ad, publishing & media market
- Best Advertising Books - browse & buy our pick of the best books on advertising, sales & marketing
- MediaScope in the News - articles & interviews
- CLICK HERE For More Resources
- SUBSCRIBE to MediaScope's weekly newsletter