MediaScapes are popular visual guides to a growing range of media channels including digital, tv, outdoor & cinema.
FOR MARKETERS & AD PLANNERS/BUYERS...
FOR MEDIA OWNERS & AD SELLERS...
- Sales Tips & Guides
- Advertising Sales
- Upload Directory Listings
- Tailored Services - MediaScope helps media owners build revenue by developing all segments of their advertising sales process
MediaMay - Niche, Alternative & Emerging Advertising
With an increasingly fragmenting and complex media market combined with research based, data driven decisions and automated media buying - is there still room for innovative, outside the square advertising and media initiatives?
Each weekday in May, Marketing Magazine featured a niche, alternative or emerging media option from MediaScope's directory - with the aim of creating awareness for media which perhaps won’t appear on research and data reports but highlights the types of opportunities which can add reach, impact and value to a marketing and advertising mix.
Scroll down for an overview of the daily featured media options...
Tuesday May 1
Airborne Advertising – Create maximum ‘sky-high’ brand impact and call to action through flying banners and aerial advertising. Flying banners can be targeted directly to key events or locations while skywriting displays can be visible up to an amazing 30km radius. A strong clutter-free and engaging outdoor advertising option.
Wednesday May 2
Golf Ads - Sports venue advertising comes in many forms. Reach a lucrative - mostly male - audience within direct and intimate setting through a growing network of golf courses across Australia's east coast. Advertising is available on billboards placed around the tee, putting green, club house or at the driving range - as well as on score cards and golf balls. Marketers can choose broad or local coverage to suit geographic needs.
Thursday May 3
JetMax Media - Up, up & away! Reach targeted business and leisure airline passengers through a range of in-flight advertising options including aircraft wraps, locker ads, in-flight TV & digital itinerary media. JetMax Media works with both Australian & International airlines and allows marketers to geographically target their advertising reach.
- Other In-flight & Airport Advertising Options
- Other Consumer Travel Advertising Options: Magazines - Websites
Friday May 4
Risk Free TV - Pay per response is not just for online advertising. Risk Free TV helps produce a response driven television commercial and then advertises your product or service on various TV stations at no cost. Marketers then pay on a pre-agreed cost per lead generated. Could this form of low-risk, performance based advertising fit into your marketing mix?
Monday May 7
Myst Media - Digital Signage is a high growth advertising category with screens appearing within increasing point of sale and other populated locations. Myst Media offers marketers the opportunity to reach consumers in a network of over 970 major service stations Australia-wide. Screens are placed in high traffic areas such as next to the ATM and shop entrances.
Tuesday May 8
FBi Radio - Have you considered community radio as a marketing channel? FBi 94.5FM was established in 1995 and is an independent not-for-profit community based radio station broadcasting new music and youth culture across Sydney and the greater metropolitan area. They offer marketers a range of on-air & online options to reach a passionate and loyal youth based audience.
- See ALL Community Radio Stations Australia-wide
Wednesday May 9
NapkinAd - There are a broad range of ambient advertising options available to marketers which can offer both impact and high engagement. Napkin Ad is one such example where they print and distribute branded luncheon napkins throughout a growing network of food outlets within major CBD, food court & shopping centre locations throughout Australia.
Thursday May 10
Easy Weddings - Each year in Australia there are over 116,000 weddings with the industry generating over $2 billion. Easy Weddings is an awarded and independently owned site reaching active brides-to-be offering them a range of resources, tools & guides as the plan and purchase for their big day.
- Other Dating & Wedding Advertising Options: Magazines – Websites
- Other Consumer Niche Websites – in 50 market genres & audience verticals
Friday May 11
Contagious Network – Word of mouth is a proven marketing method which can now be driven through various social media platforms. Brands can effectively change consumer attitudes and behaviour and influence their purchase decisions. Contagious Network identifies targeted brand supporters, implements and then measures a brands social word of mouth activity.
- Other Social Media Advertising Options
- Other Experiential, Word of Mouth & Sampling Advertising Options
Monday May 14
1688.com.au - Does your advertising and marketing reach Australia's diverse and vibrant ethnic communities? The Chinese community is one of the largest and strongest growing of these groups in Australia. 1688.com.au (named in recognition of the year of Columbus's discovery) provides Chinese-Australians with daily online updates of relevant news, current affairs, sport and lifestyle information.
- Other Ethnic & Multicultural Advertising Options: Print/Magazines – Websites – Community Radio
- See MediaScope’s Guide to Buying Advertising within Ethnic & Multicultural Media
Tuesday May 15
Yellow Envelope – Reach over 5.5 million individual households or create local area by-postcode marketing campaigns through this unique envelope pack containing a selection of non-competing advertising messages and offers. Yellow Envelope packs are delivered through Australia Post and offer high in-home penetration and measureable results.
- Other Direct Mail & Insert Advertising Options
- Other Postcard, Stick-on, Voucher & Coupon Advertising Options
Wednesday May 16
Icy Media – How’s this for a unique ambient advertising solution? Over 40 million ice bags are sold annually in Australia through outlets such as bottle shops, service stations & supermarkets. Icy Media offers marketers the opportunity to target your brand, product message, competition or redemption offer within this unique and cost effective platform.
- Other Ambient Media Advertising Options
Thursday May 17
InMobi - Mobile & SMS Marketing is recognised as a key growth sector. Advertisers have the opportunity to target specific audiences within geographic locations through an evolving range of dynamic and measureable executions. InMobi is the world’s largest independent mobile advertising network allowing marketers real time campaign optimisation and reporting.
- Other Mobile & SMS Media Options
Friday May 18
Vuego – Advertising opportunities within shopping centre carpark environments reaches a variety of consumers directly prior to point of purchase and can influence buying behaviour. Advertising can be displayed through a range of executions and locations and be geographically targeted. Vuego is one media vendor offering unique and impactful advertising formats.
Monday May 21
Academic Media – Get your brand in front of an often hard to reach tertiary student market across a broad variety of platforms including digital, magazines, outdoor, ambient & experiential. Academic Media is one of an established group of providers offering opportunities within campuses across Australia and New Zealand through national and geographically targeted campaigns.
Tuesday May 22
SoggyBones – you may think youth are not engaging with offline media however here’s an example of an independently created quarterly magazine and website produced by two brothers out of Western Australia. It provides multi-platform reach, including social media, to a highly engaged national community of Aussie youth who are actively involved in a surf, snow and skate culture and lifestyle. The look and tone of this brand is spot on to resonate with a notoriously hard to reach market.
- Other Youth Based Media: Magazines– Websites
- Other Consumer Magazines – within over 60 market genres and verticals
Wednesday May 23
Peda-Pod – There’s a large range of moving mobile and transit media options available to marketers – from advertising on public transport, trucks (& utes) to car wraps and moving billboards. Peda-Pod is an example of a mobile media vendor which offers eco-friendly bike driven mobile billboards. These unique mobile billboards can appear across CBD and metropolitan areas.
- Other Moving Mobile & Transit Media Options
Thursday May 24
Hanger Network – Get your brand into homes through this unique ambient opportunity. Hanger Network can promote products and services, or distribute sampling, through their association with drycleaners throughout Australia. Campaigns can be geographically targeted allowing for location based messaging.
- Other Ambient Media Options
Friday May 25
Tube Mogul – the increasing shift to digital media as a ‘moving picture’ medium has lead to an explosion of video advertising networks entering or launching in the Australian market. Tube Mogul is one of an increasing group of vendors aggregating streaming video advertising across a growing network of web, newsletters and tablet platforms within this high growth and evolving sector.
- Other Digital Video Advertising Network Options
Monday May 28
Escalated Advertising – there are a range of options to generate impact directly to large audiences within multiple public locations such as airports, train stations, shopping centres, department stores and sporting venues. Escalated Advertising offers a unique opportunity to ‘grab’ consumer’s attention by placing brands on escalator handrails and can be an effective complement to broader campaigns.
Tuesday May 29
Rave Magazine – Looking beyond mainstream suburban press there is a huge range of independently published street-press which is distributed across a range of locations, demographics and interest groups. Rave Magazine is one such example – established in 1991 as a free weekly title reaching a South East Queensland audience with an interest in music, entertainment and night-life. These traditionally offline media brands are increasingly looking at digital platforms to reach their involved and often long term audiences.
Wednesday May 30
Air View Media - reach your market within various public locations - and of course by gender - through restroom advertising. Air View Media is one of a few vendors in the Australian market offering a range of advertising options within public restrooms. From digital screens with sound, poster and impactful ambient options this is an opportunity to reach a ‘captured’ audience.
- Other Restroom Media Options
Thursday May 31
Shaft Magazine - the fastest growing, most robust and often controversial sector of the Australian economy is mining. This growth is also reflected in the media industry with a range of magazines and websites launched to reach professionals within this influential & lucrative market. Shaft Magazine is a newly launched monthly title which is distributed within airports, newsagents and mining camps in key locations Australia-wide.
Other Pages of Interest
Media and Advertising - Search, Combine and Refine
- Are You Looking for Advertising Sales Representation?
- Creative Ideas to Inspire
- Media Planning & Buying Campaign Checklist
- Census Stats all Marketers & Agencies Should Know
- 'MediaScape' - Guide to Aust Digital Media Trading Landscape
- Must Follow Twitter Accounts
- Questions All Advertisers Should Ask
- Finding Advertising Sales Specialists
- Women in Media Profile: Mia Freedman
- Media View: 10 Things Clients Want When Pitching
- CLICK HERE For More Articles & Guides
- Internet Business Strategy - Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney, May 16
- IABAust - Digital Media Sales Training - Sydney May 22 & 29.
- Internet Business Implementation - Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney, May 30
- mUmbrella360 - Reserve the dates of June 5 & 6 & submit your best pitch now.
- ADMA - courses in major cities throughout the year
- More Events, Workshops & Courses HERE
- Advertising Centre - comprehensive guides, resources, profiles & tips for agencies, marketers, media owners & ad sales specialists including Ad Sales Centre & Ad Buying Centre
- Media View - a growing range of opinion articles on advertising, media & publishing
- Consultancy Service - MediaScope's tailored services - helping media owners generate advertising sales revenue
- Media In Focus - over 100 Q&A profiles with Aust's most successful media owners, advertising professionals & 'women in media'
- Products & Services - broad range of products & services aimed at the media, ad, publishing & media market
- Best Advertising Books - browse & buy our pick of the best books on advertising, sales & marketing
- MediaScope in the News - articles & interviews
- CLICK HERE For More Resources
- SUBSCRIBE to MediaScope's weekly newsletter