Join 2,700+ of Australia's marketing, media & advertising 'influentials' who receive MediaScope's newsletter each Friday morning
resources & services
CONNECT WITH MEDIASCOPE...
- We Are Women in Media & Advertising
- We Are Media & Advertising Traders
- Friday Newsletter
MediaScope's Live Friday Chat
For around an hour most Fridays MediaScope presents a live chat featuring some of the most experienced people in the Australian media & advertising industry where we'll discuss a key topic as well as issues of our media week.
The podcast and video replays are available to view through the links below.
- Subscribe to MediaScope's weekly newsletter - join the Australian media & advertising market's influentials
From March 2017 MediaScope shifts to a live podcast through audio streaming platform Spreaker. Please register with Spreaker here and follow MediaScope for an alert as we go live. You can also access and download the replays below...
- Please see MediaScope's profile page on spreaker here. The replays will be posted below...
Scheduled/Upcoming Live Podcasts...
Paul Fisher from UnLtd - Our Industry Charity: March 31 - join Paul Fisher for a look at our industry charity, what it does and how you can get involved. Register with Spreaker here and follow MediaScope for an alert as we go live - or listen here LIVE
Creative Guru Jon Holloway on Advertising Fails: March 24 - join Jon Holloway we're we'll look at some recent advertising fails from Stoner Sloth to Coopers Brewery and consumer's ability for backlash and boycott through social media. We'll explore why this happens and the disconnect between brands and their consumers. We'll also discuss the ethics of advertising through categories such as online gambling. Register with Spreaker here and follow MediaScope for an alert as we go live - or listen here LIVE
Live Podcast Replays...
Starcom's Media Futures Report: March 17 - join Starcom's Graeme Wood - where we spoke about the Annual Starcom Media Futures Report where this year the topic was 'From Customer Experience to Human Experience'. We'll also discussed some key industry issues and news of our media week including the increased presence of consultancies such as PwC in the agency landscape. Listen to the Replay &/or download here
Stop Funding Hate & Fake News: March 10 - Media academic from UTS - Jenna Price - and Founder of UK initiative - Stop Funding Hate - speaks about the increase in divisive editorial content and the actions marketers are taking around the globe to remove their support of this content. We also spoke about the success of Stop Funding Hate, the differences in free speech & hate speech - the importance of supporting good journalism - & how this should not only include consumers but also extend to advertisers. Listen to the replay &/or download here
Please note - the Blab platform where these live video chats were produced ceased operating in August 2016.
Brus Media's Founder Nic Blair: August 5, 2016 - Nic joins the live chat today to talk about Australia's mobile media landscape where we talk about issues and challenges - and PokemonGo.
Eyeota's Co-Founder Trent Lloyd: May 27, 2016 - Trent joins the live chat to talk about changes in the Australian digital media industry, his journey with Eyeota and how publishers are successfully using data...
AMAA's (Audit Bureau) CEO Josanne Ryan: May 20, 2016 - Josanne joins the live chat to discuss the just released results of their inagaural Media Data Trust Survey. Click here to access full survey results
Pearman Media's 20th Anniversary: April 29, 2016 - Dom Pearman joins the panel today to talk about his agency's 20th Anniversary, changes in the market & being an indie media agency in a landscape increasingly dominated by holding companies.
Audience Data: April 8, 2016 - Alice Almeida from Hitwise joins the panel today to talk about audience data.
- Also see Eyeota's First Annual Index of Audience Data tracking advertisers in the Australian market
The NBN: April 1, 2016 - Senator Scott Ludlam, ADMA's Jodie Sangster, Adtech Sydney Chair Iain McDonald joins the panel today to talk about the NBN and the impact on the Australian marketing, media and advertising industry. Please excuse some technical issues in sound - & I disappear half way through. A perfect example of our bad internet connectivity. See a transcript of the full 55 minute chat here
- See the Programmatic Workflow MediaScape
Friday Live Chat - February 26, 2016 - Chris Vance from SMG MediaVest joined me to discuss their recently released 2016 Media Futures Report - and all the news of our media week.
Download a copy of the SMG 2016 Media Futures Report here
Friday Live Chat - February 19, 2016 - & receive an alert as we go live. Friday February 19 at 1pm - where Jodie Sangster from ADMA joined me to discuss their recently launched training initiatives, industry skills shortages - and all the news of our media week.
Friday Live Friday Chat - February 12, 2015 - Rachael Lonergan from The Foundation talks about the recent 'Wellness Leave' initiative bring more flexiblity to her agency. We also discuss news of our media week.
Live Friday Chat - December 11, 2015: 2015 Wrap - Mumbrella's Editor - Alex Hayes joins in to talk about the most significant events of our media year. A broad ranging chat about our media year...
Live Friday Chat - December 4, 2015: 2016 Predictions - Dropping in on the live this week is TrinityP3's Darren Woolley and NewsLifeMedia's Nicole Sheffield who shared their views and forecasts for 2016.
Live Friday Chat - November 20, 2015: Industry Skills Shortages
Live Friday Chat - November 13, 2015 - Women in Media
This week's live chat discussed women in media and advertising, Peggy's List, the Event Gender Audit & the issues of our media week (including the storm around Leo Burnett's all male hires) with Alex Allwood from The Holla Agency, Chris Edwards from Adtech & Jane Huxley from Pandora
Live Friday Chat - November 6, 2015: Future of Media Sales
This week's chat featured Fairfax's Chris Freel, ARN's Matt Granger and ICUR's Belinda Kerr where we spoke about the future of media sales. (There are some technical issues for the first few mins of the live chat - edit pending)
Live Friday Chat - October 30, 2015: Digital Media Forecasts
This week's chat featured Zuni's Mike Zeederberg, social media expert, Tiphereth Gloria & Simon Van Wyk where they share their views on the 'Digital People 2010 - 5 Years On' article where they reviewed their 2010 forecasts and look ahead to 2020.
Live Friday Chat - October 23, 2015: Content Marketing
Live Friday Chat - October 16, 2015: TV Landscape
Live Friday Chat - October 9, 2015: mLab
This week's (and the first, technically glitchy) video chat features - GroupM's Seb Rennie, Adshel's David Roddick & Tribe's Jules Lund - where we discuss the recent mLab Event & other issues of our media week.
- MediaScapes - well-known guides mapping the entire Australian commercial media landscape - including digital media, television, outdoor and mobile billboard media, media agencies & more. MediaScapes appear on office walls throughout the industry!
- Q&A Profiles - tap directly into opinions and market views from over 300 of the most experienced and successful professionals in Australia's advertising and media market.
- Newsletter - stay up to date on media industry news and opinion by joining over 2,200 media trading 'influentials' who receive MediaScope's newsletter each Friday.
- MediaScope's Resource Hub - A growing and evolving central destination for marketers, advertising and media to easily access useful information and resources on each media channel.
- What's On - we keep track of the most worthwhile media industry events, surveys, training courses and awards
Articles & Views
- 2017: Ad & Media Market Predictions
- NBN Open Letter
- Replay of Friday's Live Chats
- Digital People from 2011 Review Their 5 Year Forecasts
- mLab 2016 Event Wrap
- Brains Trust: Industry Skills Shortages
- Media Trading Tipping Point. Are We There Yet?
- MediaScapes - Maps of Aust's Media Landscape
- 30 Women in Media Q&A Profiles
- Women in Media Support Hub
- Must Read Media & Advertising Books