MediaScapes are popular visual guides to a growing range of media channels including digital, tv, outdoor & cinema.
FOR MARKETERS & AD PLANNERS/BUYERS...
FOR MEDIA OWNERS & AD SELLERS...
- Sales Tips & Guides
- Advertising Sales
- Upload Directory Listings
- Tailored Services - MediaScope helps media owners build revenue by developing all segments of their advertising sales process
Generating & Measuring Response Through Magazine Advertising
How can print and magazine publishers demonstrate the effectiveness of their advertising in a traditionally brand based media channel - particularly as marketers are demanding more accountability for their investment?
The effectiveness of advertising can be measured through a range of metrics such as customer enquiries, visits or downloads from a digital platform, lifts in purchase intent, brand recall and traditional sales outcome ROI (return on investment).
Moving to a more response orientated advertising model is an opportunity for publisher and agency/advertiser to work closely together to clearly define objectives and success metrics, execute tailored response-orientated creative and structure methods to measure response.
Magazine publishers can also leverage one of their inherent features through cross platform advertising in offline and digital environments.
Following are several kinds of response based advertising executions, articles, case studies and examples showing how magazine publishers, globally, are meeting marketers increasing need for measurable response...
Examples of Measureable Response Executions to Use in Magazines....
- Drive Users to a Website
- Add a Unique Telephone Number
- Offer Exclusive Discounts, Vouchers & Special Offers
- SmartPhone Mobile Action Codes ie QR Codes & Augmented Reality
Offline magazine advertising can also be extended into measureable digital platforms through...
- Digital Advertising ie display, mobile or tablet
- Social Media Advertising
Media owners are also increasingly creating events for their audience where sponsorship opportunities are available for advertisers.
Articles and Opinions on Response Based Magazine Advertising....
- US Magazine Publishing Company - Meredith - Guarantees ROI for Select Advertisers - publisher of titles such as Better Homes & Gardens and Ladies Home Journal—has introduced a product that offers advertisers guaranteed sales for their investment. Participation requires a 12-month advertising commitment in Meredith magazines. If guarantees aren’t met, Meredith will give that advertiser free space until it achieves the agreed ROI.
- The Challenge of Measuring Print Advertising ROI - a comprehensive overview which recognises the challenge magazine publishers experience through their lack of reliable performance based metrics and some new and old methods to connect print to measurable results
- Forbes to Measure Print Advertising by Online Behaviour - Forbes' Chief Brand Officer discusses their development of metrics to measure the impact of advertising in Forbes magazine with accountability to match those in place for digital media
- Growth in Magazine's Use of Mobile Action Codes - highlights results of a survey showing triple digit growth in QR and other mobile action codes appearing within the top 100 US monthly national magazines
- QR Codes - Tips, Ideas and Strategies - a comprehensive guide outlining exactly what QR codes are and how they can generate quick response through print and other media
- Augmented Reality: What Does it Mean for Print - a step beyond QR codes, this article outlines exactly how augmented reality (AR) works and how such technology is revolutionising the way marketers can advertise to consumers
- 10 Steps to Doubling Print Advertising ROI - find out how advertisers are achieving strong response rates and returns on investment through properly integrating offline and online channels. This guide provides practical tips to increase response rates and maximize returns on investment from print advertisements
Case Studies and Examples of Response Based Magazine Advertising....
- Very.co.uk in Heat - Magazine/Site - cross platform campaign using pre and post campaign measurement methodology
- AdMedia Magazine for Fuji Xerox - a cross media campaign through a front cover wrap where readers then entered their unique code into a dedicated website
- NZ Women's Weekly for EECA - a 58-week series of advertorials with a competition device that drove readers to a website to learn more and win monthly prizes with campaign reader surveys appearing throughout the campaign to measure brand awareness.
- Mother & Baby Magazine (UK) for BBC Worldwide - publisher & agency worked together to promote a book writing competition to readers attracting strong results.
- Glamour Magazine Uses QR Code in Print Ad - in September 2011 Glamour Magazine published a 'social edition' with an editorial focus on various social media platforms and new technologies. They generated over half a million QR code downloads for their supporting advertisers.
- Plug & Play Music Festival Print Ad - Playboy in Brazil teamed up with Skol alcohol to promote a music festival by inserting an audio clip into their front cover
- Digital Buzz Blog - highlights several good examples of magazine advertising combined with smartphone technology for measureable results -
- - Murat Paris: Interactive Jewellry Print Ads
- - Volkswagon: Virtual Test Drive Inside Print Ad
- - O Boticario Beauty - Interactive Vogue Print Ad
- - Ikea: 2013 Interactive Product Catalogue
See a growing range of direct response examples appearing in magazines and print on MediaScope's Pinterest board
MediaScope can work with magazine publishers to develop response orientated proposals for advertisers. Please get in touch to discuss.
- - Advertising Sales Centre - resources, tips & guides for media owners & advertising sales professionals
- - Advertising Sales Services - MediaScope offers tailored services helping publishers develop their advertising sales strategies
Do you have a case study or views outlining how advertisers have successfully used response based campaigns in magazines? - please get in touch and we'll add to this resource.
Other Pages of Interest
Media and Advertising - Search, Combine and Refine
- Are You Looking for Advertising Sales Representation?
- Creative Ideas to Inspire
- Must Read Advertising & Media Books
- Media Planning & Buying Campaign Checklist
- Census Stats all Marketers & Agencies Should Know
- 'MediaScape' - Guide to Aust Digital Media Trading Landscape
- Must Follow Twitter Accounts
- Questions All Advertisers Should Ask
- Finding Advertising Sales Specialists
- Women in Media Profile: Mia Freedman
- CLICK HERE For More Articles & Guides
- IABAust - Digital Media Sales Training - Sydney May 22 & 29.
- Internet Business Implementation - Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney, May 30
- mUmbrella360 - Reserve the dates of June 5 & 6 & submit your best pitch now.
- ADMA - courses in major cities throughout the year
- More Events, Workshops & Courses HERE
- Advertising Centre - comprehensive guides, resources, profiles & tips for agencies, marketers, media owners & ad sales specialists including Ad Sales Centre & Ad Buying Centre
- Media View - a growing range of opinion articles on advertising, media & publishing
- Consultancy Service - MediaScope's tailored services - helping media owners generate advertising sales revenue
- Media In Focus - over 100 Q&A profiles with Aust's most successful media owners, advertising professionals & 'women in media'
- Products & Services - broad range of products & services aimed at the media, ad, publishing & media market
- Best Advertising Books - browse & buy our pick of the best books on advertising, sales & marketing
- MediaScope in the News - articles & interviews
- CLICK HERE For More Resources
- SUBSCRIBE to MediaScope's weekly newsletter