MediaScapes are popular visual guides to a growing range of media channels including digital, tv, outdoor & cinema.
FOR MARKETERS & AD PLANNERS/BUYERS...
FOR MEDIA OWNERS & AD SELLERS...
- Sales Tips & Guides
- Advertising Sales
- Upload Directory Listings
- Tailored Services - MediaScope helps media owners build revenue by developing all segments of their advertising sales process
Automated Digital Advertising Trading & Exchanges
Digital advertising trading is increasingly becoming a more automated process across multiple digital media platforms such as video, display and mobile. Also known as data driven and programmatic buying - here are some terms and resources to explain trading methods in this fast growing market....
- MediaScape Guide to Digital Sales Agencies, Networks & Exchanges - well known overview which keeps track of the fast evolving Australian digital media trading landscape (updated monthly)
Terms and Definitions...
Demand Side Platform (DSP) - A demand-side platform (DSP) is a system that allows digital advertisers to manage multiple ad exchange and data exchange accounts through one interface. Real time bidding for displaying online ads takes place within the ad exchanges, and by utilizing a DSP, marketers can manage their bids for the banners and the pricing for the data that they are layering on to target their audiences. Much like Paid Search, using DSPs allow users to optimize based on set Key Performance Indicators such as Cost-per-clicks, and Cost-per-action.
Real Time Bidding (RTB) - The dynamic process of buying and selling impressions in real-time in which the highest bidder “wins” the right to place a display ad. An ad buyer, through the platform of their choice, can differentially value each individual opportunity to buy an ad impression in real time. Real-time bidding helps advertisers more effectively uncover, understand, and unleash opportunity within each campaign effort.
Supply Side Platform (SSP) - A Supply Side Platform, or SSP, is an advertising technology platform which represents the suppliers of online ads, and guarantees inventory availability. Similar to a DSP, an SSP allows many of the larger web publishers of the world use an SSP to automate and optimize the selling of their online media space.
Data Management Platforms (DMP's) - sophisticated data management platforms that allow publishers to get critical insights from both their own 1st party data and 3rd party data. They enable publishers to better monetize and drive yield from their site audiences by enabling the creation of new lucrative audiences, and expanding reach of those audiences, on their own sites and across the web.
Agency Trading Desk - A centralized, service-based centre sitting within media agencies which serves as a managed service layer, typically on top of a licensed demand-side platform (DSP) and other audience buying technologies. Agency trading desks manage digital programmatic, bid-based media and audience buying. Works as an agency’s internal “center of excellence,” supporting agency teams wishing to tap into this new buying model on behalf of agency clients.
Private Exchange - an exclusive ad marketplace that gives premium publishers complete control over how they sell their inventory. In contrast with the direct ad network relationships of the past, private exchange publishers have full transparency into the buyers and advertisers, and can restrict access to each impression. Typically, buyers on private exchanges leverage programmatic means such as Real Time Bidding (RTB).
- How Real Time Bidding Works - practical how to article from iMediaConnection
- ExchangeWire - website, newsletter & regular events focusing on exchanges & programmatic digital trading
- AdExchanger - website & daily newsletter on digital media optimisation
- What Media Planners Need to Know About Programmatic Buying (article by Clickz)
- IAB (US) - outline of data driven advertising trading
- IAB (Aust) - comprehensive presentation on 'Understanding Exchanges'
Other Pages of Interest
Media and Advertising - Search, Combine and Refine
- Are You Looking for Advertising Sales Representation?
- Creative Ideas to Inspire
- Must Read Advertising & Media Books
- Media Planning & Buying Campaign Checklist
- Census Stats all Marketers & Agencies Should Know
- 'MediaScape' - Guide to Aust Digital Media Trading Landscape
- Must Follow Twitter Accounts
- Questions All Advertisers Should Ask
- Finding Advertising Sales Specialists
- Women in Media Profile: Mia Freedman
- CLICK HERE For More Articles & Guides
- IABAust - Digital Media Sales Training - Sydney May 22 & 29.
- Internet Business Implementation - Centre for Continuing Education, University of Sydney, May 30
- mUmbrella360 - Reserve the dates of June 5 & 6 & submit your best pitch now.
- ADMA - courses in major cities throughout the year
- More Events, Workshops & Courses HERE
- Advertising Centre - comprehensive guides, resources, profiles & tips for agencies, marketers, media owners & ad sales specialists including Ad Sales Centre & Ad Buying Centre
- Media View - a growing range of opinion articles on advertising, media & publishing
- Consultancy Service - MediaScope's tailored services - helping media owners generate advertising sales revenue
- Media In Focus - over 100 Q&A profiles with Aust's most successful media owners, advertising professionals & 'women in media'
- Products & Services - broad range of products & services aimed at the media, ad, publishing & media market
- Best Advertising Books - browse & buy our pick of the best books on advertising, sales & marketing
- MediaScope in the News - articles & interviews
- CLICK HERE For More Resources
- SUBSCRIBE to MediaScope's weekly newsletter